Monday 3 May 2010

KFC Coleslaw Recipe - You Can Do It!

There's coleslaw, then there's KFC Coleslaw. What's the secret? That's what I wanted to know, especially as I was planning a huge family reunion - summer picnic-style! I tried calling KFC, emailing, perusing their website, and simply could not find the secret recipe for the KFC Coleslaw. I'd made coleslaw before - but in the sake of being honest, it certainly isn't my area of expertise.

Ordering in "catered" coleslaw from the local small-town supermarket seemed impersonal, and asking one of my guests to make it was out of the question. Everyone had already volunteered to contribute a lot, and I was stuck with the rest. Coleslaw, so it seems, is a staple at summer picnics and parties in general, so I couldn't just leave it out. I wanted my family reunion to be the best in recent memory - and to be the best, I had to have the best - that included KFC Coleslaw!

Unfortunately, I was on a budget, and to order the amount of coleslaw I'd need for the picnic from the local KFC (which, mind you, was not very "local" at all - quite a hike!) was simply not feasible. I live in a small town, and we have a real "do-it-yourself" mentality. So, I consulted with a friend, who informed me that there IS a way!

I never thought in a million years to order a "secret recipe" cookbook, but there it was! My family dove into that coleslaw and the whole reunion went off without a hitch. The memories are priceless, and my secret is safe! The whole clan thought it was authentic KFC Coleslaw! I swear it - they didn't know the difference, and you wouldn't either! Who would have thought that making your own "KFC" coleslaw would be so easy? Some things really are too good to be true!

Here's a small sample of what you'll find in the cookbook, the recipe for KFC Coleslaw:

Ingredients

* 8 cups finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
* 1/4 cup diced carrot
* 2 tablespoons minced onions
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
* 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions

1. Cabbage and carrots must be finely diced.
2. (I use fine shredder disc on food processor.) Pour cabbage and carrot mixture into large bowl and stir in minced onions.
3. Using regular blade on food processor process remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.

Recommend : Infant Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment