Saturday 12 June 2010

Cheese Grits a la Louisiana

Recently, I ate at a very popular restaurant for brunch and absolutely loved their cheese grits. Now, everyone has at least tried cheese grits at one time or another (I would guess,) but these were different. They had many different tastes in it with the cheese. It was hard to stop eating, and I mean that literally. (I ordered another serving of the grits. Hahaha). Me and my friends all sat there arguing about exactly what was in the grits that was standing out like that. We are still not in agreement whether it was evaporated milk or condensed milk. It's hard to say because they did not seem to be sweet enough to be evaporated milk, but whose to say...they did not give us the recipe. It tastes cheesy, peppery, evaporated milky, thick, very interesting...definitely not like anything I have ever eaten before. Now, here's the recipe. I hope that you enjoy it like I did.

Cheesy, Milky, Peppery Grits

3 Cups Grits

2 Cans Evaporated Milk

1 Cup Water

2 Tbsp Freshly Ground Pepper

5 Slices of Cheese (Preferably Velveeta)

Sugar (to your taste)

Salt (to your taste)

I mixed everything together except the cheese, sugar and salt. Put the pot on high to allow the water to boil and add ingredients. Stir often. Once the grits expand, add cheese, sugar, salt before they are cooked. Taste and adjust to your liking.

And remember, all of our taste buds are different, so be sure to change the amounts as needed for your taste. I just know that you will love it...Happy Eating!

Tags : Perfect Food Save! Store

No comments:

Post a Comment