Sunday 27 June 2010

Spicy Chili - Super Easy

I came up with this recipe a year or two out of High School. I was living with 2 friends in St. Cloud in a small apartment. They were going to school and I just wanted to move out of my parents house. I was walking through the grocery store and found a packet of Chili seasoning "Hot". And I went through the store looking for the rest of the ingredients. I never liked stewed tomatoes so I bought Tomato Sauce. I found a can of "Chili beans in Hot Sauce". Instead of chopping up peppers and onions, I used salsa. Usually Pace - Thick and Chunky.

Ingredients:
1 16oz can - Tomato Sauce
1 16oz can - Chili Beans in Hot Sauce
1 packet - Chili Seasoning - Hot
2 cups - Salsa

1 pound - Ground Beef, Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken (Only one pound of meat not all three. You could also use some other forms or substitute for meat, tofu, veggie meat, etc. Or leave the meat out all together.)

Directions: While cooking the meat in a medium fry pan. Mix together the Tomato Sauce, Chili Beans, Chili Seasoning and Salsa in a large pan on medium heat. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain the grease and add meat to the large pan of Tomato Sauce, Chili Beans, Chili Seasoning and Salsa.

The chili should be ready to serve right away. Add you favorite topping and eat. Please remember the more toppings you add the less healthy the chili becomes.

As mentioned in the title this is super easy to prepare. I make this recipe several times a year. Now that the weather has turned cold it is the perfect time to make chili. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years.

See Also : Leek Onion Flowering Tea Collie Breads

No comments:

Post a Comment